Article by Edmund Brunetti
Solar energy is one of the unconventional forms of generating energy and is being touted as the pivot of our world’s future energy sources. Unlike as in conventional resources of energy which are non-renewable and damaging to the environment, this form of power generation is sustainable, renewable and does not come at the cost of planet’s greenness.
Importance of Solar pv London: Solar Photovoltaic (solar pv or solar pv London) panels use the sun’s non-exhaustive energy to produce electricity which is then used to run a host of household appliances. Your house needs lighting and the appliances need power to run. Hitherto, we have been almost totally reliant on thermal power stations and electric supply companies for the generation of electricity. But the depletion of our natural resources (like coal, oil, wood, etc) has been a cause of major concern for the past few years. Now, with the invention and development of solar pv panels, the world can breathe easy.
How do Solar panels work: Solar Photovoltaic cells are panels that need to be fitted on the open rooftops. During the daytime, when the sun is out, these panels take in the solar energy and convert it into electrical energy. This electric energy is used to light up the house and provide the requisite power to the domestic appliances. The great thing is that the extra electricity generated can be sold.
Merits of Solar thermal: Solar thermal is a solar panel which is used to boil water. These water heating collectors are set up on the roof tops and are capable of heating up water by using the sun’s warm rays. These panels that come in 2 different forms (flat panels and evacuated tubes) come of immense use throughout the year. Households, that need warm water on a daily basis, particularly make use of these excellent devices to heat up water and then store it in hot cylinders.
Advantages of Solar PV:
There are a number of advantages of solar photovoltaic panels which are enumerated below:
* Solar power, being a sustainable resource, does not deplete our natural resources. This is a green form of energy where no environmental harm takes place due to the absence of any fume or smoke.
* Solar panels do their work in silent and still mode. There is no emission of noise or smoke or toxic gas. Besides, since the parts do not move mechanically, the wear and tear is minimal.
* Installation of solar panels is easier and the various sizes available allow you to choose the one as per the size of your roof.
* The maintenance cost is extremely low and the panels enjoy durability and longevity with assured guarantee of running for 25 years or more.
* Though, high cost is the chief deterrent to its mass acceptability, developments are being done to bring down the cost and make the products available to the public at a much lower price.
About the Author
Use and distribution of this article is subject to our Publisher Guidelines
whereby the original author’s information and copyright must be included.